Certification: Environmental Certification
Charlesworth Press was certified to the ISO 14001 environmental standard in April 2008 by ISOQAR.
View a copy of our ISO 14001 Certificate
FSC® COC Certification
Charlesworth Press is certified as a Forest Stewardship Council® (Chain of Custody) approved supplier. Click here to view a copy of our Chain of Custody Policy.
For technical specifications on the products we are approved to supply under this certification, click here to download our FSC Product Group Schedule.
Commitment to Ongoing Improvement
We are continuing to make investments and changes to reduce our environmental impact wherever possible. For example, we are currently undertaking a Carbon Trust approved Energy Conservation project which has identified a further saving of 450 tonnes of C02 from our production site per annum.
Other ongoing Initiatives include
- New CTP plate-making system was installed 2009, providing chemical free processing and greater energy efficiency
- Vegetable based inks are used as standard in all litho printing
- Sustainable paper sourcing with the provision of FSC certified papers and low chlorine bleach papers available
- Provision of recyclable laminate in gloss or matt finishes
- Energy reduction and conservation, e.g. through installation of lighting sensors to switch off lighting when an area is unused
- Recycling from shop floor through to offices
- All production waste is recycled where possible, with advice from professional consultants
- All other waste is collected and responsibly dealt with by a registered waste management contractor, J&G Environmental Transfer no. BC1484