Prepress: Supplying Your Files
- MS Word
Files can be submitted in all recognised formats such as CD/DVD, floppy disk, email (max 5Mb) and FTP.
For customers designing their own work, we have some guidelines on how to deal with overprint issues; for more details please see our PDF file here.
As a brief guide, please check the following before supplying files for print:
- 3mm bleed has been allowed in the design (if applicable)
- Images are high resolution - 300dpi is recommended
- All fonts and images are embedded in PDF files
- All fonts and images are supplied with application files such as Quark etc.
- Colour images are saved in CMYK (not RGB)
- Pantone references are included
- Details of whether Pantones can be simulated out of a 4 colour process
- Tint strengths are not less than 5%
- A full voucher set of laser proofs printed from the files supplied should be included
HelpdeskIf you require assistance with creating PDFs, please contact:
Dave Walker PrePress Manager
Tel: +44 (0)1924 204830